2017 Elder and Dependent Adult Abuse Awareness Campaign Toolkit Launched
The California Association of Area Agencies on Aging (C4A) is raising awareness about elder and dependent adult abuse by launching a month-long education and resource campaign this June. The purpose of the campaign is to educate Californians about the different types of abuse, how to recognize them, and how to report abuse to the appropriate local Adult Protective Services agency and Ombudsman office.
C4A has an extensive toolkit for use among agencies to customize based on local and regional partnerships and events. The toolkit contains several documents including the campaign’s logo and tagline, outreach materials, and social media content. The toolkit also includes a listing of the statewide organizations, who have partnered with C4A on this campaign. Partnership is essential to campaign’s success, and C4A is honored to team up with amazing elder and dependent adult advocates across the state. The toolkit documents can be customized based on local/regional partnerships and events.
Please explore the campaign website at http://elderabuseawareness.c4a.info/. It is now available for public use.
Here are some quick ideas of how you can begin utilizing the website and materials:
Update your email signature with the campaign logo and link to the website.
- Share the campaign materials and website with your local partners. Add a link to the campaign webpage from you agency website. Distribute them far and wide. We would love to see the campaign reach as many people as possible.
- Post on social media using the social media content calendar. Remember to add the link directing people to the website. Don’t forget to use the hashtag: #kNOwAbuseReportAbuse . Also, tag C4A and partner agencies!
- For social media posts, consider including action steps encouraging individuals to come to events, get involved by reaching out to their local representatives, and volunteer opportunities.
- Help spread the word about awareness events across the state. Post on social media about your event and others available on the social media content calendar.
- Incorporate the updated toolkit materials in your awareness campaigns and customize to your local partnerships and events.